1947 The Club was founded. There were 2 hard courts on the promenade, and play was on 3 evenings a week.
1948 The first official meeting was in the spring of 1948 when a committee was elected.
The club moved to 3 courts at the Penlee Bowling Club soon after.
1950 The club moved to its current location in Penlee Park. There were 4 ‘En Tout Cas’ shale courts in front of 2 existing grass courts. The summer of 1950 saw the first Open Tournament.
1957 Junior Section started. There were approximately 30 juniors aged between 12 and 18. One single advert brought 27 applicants.
1969 A new purpose built pavilion was erected (after 10 years of effort).
1986 The 2 grass courts, no’s 5&6 were converted to ‘all weather’.
1994 The 4 shale courts were converted to porous macadam.
2003 Lottery grant, finally awarded after 9 long years trying.
2005 All lottery work completed. We now have a new clubhouse, 4 artificial grass courts, 3 macadam courts, a mini tennis court and practice wall, plus 5 sets of floodlights, with all new fencing pathways, etc.
2009 The Club attained Clubmark accreditation.
2010 Accredited with LTA Beacon Status in recognition of the fun and affordable tennis that we offer to The Local Community.
2011 The Club’s “First Service Cafe” was awarded the Cornwall Council “Cornwall Healthier Eating and Food Safety” – CHEFS (Gold) Award.
2011 The Club was awarded Sports ‘Club of the Year 2011’ by the Cornwall Sports Partnership.
2012 Once again the Club’s “First Service Cafe” was awarded the Cornwall Council CHEFS (Gold) Award.
2012 The Club successfully applied to HM Revenue & customs for Community Amateur Sports Club Status (CASC) This has enabled the Club to benefit from a range of tax reliefs, including Gift Aid, and mandatory rate relief.
2013 Floodlights were added to courts 6&7.
2014 The “First Service Cafe” was awarded the prestigious Cornwall Council CHEFS (Platinum) Award, having been awarded the (Gold) Award 3 times.
2014 Mel Jones voted in as Club President